Monday, February 9, 2009

Time for a change

Okay, so I really don't like posting pictures of myself but I was getting ready for my class on Thursday night and decided I needed a change. I used to be a blond back when I was a kid, but as age creeps into my life, so does darker hair. Not sure how it happens, but it does. So I called the beauty shop around the corner here in Butler. Talked to a really nice hairstlyist at the Odara studio. I scheduled an appointment for Friday at 10am. Kathy in Spencer has taken care of me for so long, I felt bad having to find someone new to trim my split ends and revitalize the color I now call dirty blond. But, it had to be done. And I think I found someone I can trust as much as I trusted Kathy. It was nice to be able to walk into her shop in Spencer and know that when I left I would look 100% better than when I walked in. She was great at helping me pick out a hair style and great colors that worked with my skin tone! I really miss Kathy. (If I remember I might post pics of the hair cuts she has given me! Perhaps a hair through the years post!) But as I sat in the small studio and chatted with my new stylist Christa, I felt a little better about the finding a new stylist. She was so cute and talked to me for about 15-20 minutes on what my options were and then helped me pick out some color. I felt as though she was a little nervous. Probably as nervous as I was. But, the end result turned out good. My eyebrows are cleaned up, the split ends are gone, and there is some much needed color added to my lifeless hair. And I think I found a new hairstylist. She was fun to chat with and did a great job on my hair. It is amazing how just a couple of hours of pampering can make a difference in how one feels about themselves!

No comments: