Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1st

Today is February 1st and I thought it would be a great day to start blogging again. It has been over a month now since I ended my relationship with Facebook. The story - well, I found myself sucked into my phone every second I wasn't doing chores or watching Sawyer. Not to mention I was complaining about all the adds and games that were taking over my news feed. The reason I joined Facebook was to keep up with everyone - stay in touch with old friends, not to see what products they "liked" or games they played. So, we broke up. The hardest part of the break up has been not seeing what family and friends are up to and what pictures they have posted. Other then that, I don't miss checking my phone or my computer to see what is happening in the "fb world."

Lots has been happening here in Waukesha at the Braun residence. Sawyer is starting to take steps, which means very soon I will be chasing a walking tornado around the house. He is so active, crawling and pushing his little walker everywhere in the house. He also loves to read, really he pushes his walker into his room where the book shelf is and spends at least 20 minutes pointing, babbling, and turning pages. We both hope this is something he won't out grow. He is also getting a mouth full of teeth! Last week he turned 11 months and is growing closer to a year each and every day. We are planning a small get together down here with some family and friends! It should be a great time.

Darrin has begun training again as we are entering another biking season. I must say he is very determined getting up before work and getting most of his workouts in before Sawyer wakes up. He is also working a lot as this is the busy season for him. Darrin is a Landscape salesman for County Materials. He absolutely loves his job! This month he has two home shows, an awards ceremony, a landscape academy (which is what induced labor for me a year ago!), and contributing to the WLCA board of which he is now a board member. I guess you could say he is doing really well with everything - not to mention being a really good Dad to Sawyer.

I (Lynn) am keeping very busy as well. I am working 3 days a week, one from home and two in the office. I work in two different facilities keeping my office in my backpack on wheels. For those of you who don't know what I do, I am a CAD drafter and Interior Designer for Quad Graphics at the Hartford Facility. My job is to make sure the computer drawings for the buildings are up to date and to assist with the interior spaces including space planning for the office areas. I also help out with the corporate designers, which is where I used to work. They are keeping me pretty busy as a part time employee. And then there is home life. Sawyer and Darrin keep me very busy - there is the household stuff and chasing Sawyer around. Being as busy as we are it is easy to see just how time fly's, especially when you are having so much fun.

As for our blog, I am going to try to do a better job of updating it - perhaps once or twice a week, depending on just how busy we are. I am also going to get photos put on our Flickr account for everyone to enjoy. To everyone who stops by to see what we are up to - please leave a comment or send us an email (It is listed in our profile. We would love to hear from all of you! Until next time, stay warm and keep in touch.

Sincerely - The Braun Family

No comments: