Saturday, June 30, 2012

We survived

My first day of work and Sawyer's first day of daycare that is. His sitter's name is Mary and she absolutely loves having him. I know he enjoyed being their too.

I will be working part time at Quad in hartford, WI. I used to work at the Quad in Sussex as an interior designer, and now I will be a CAD drafter. This takes me back to my first degree in architecture and I am very excited.

With that said, I have very mixed emotions of sending Sawyer off to daycare. But I know he is in good hands. And he will really enjoy the time away from me too! He will spend the day with a couple of 2 year olds and a 5 year old. And he had a great first day. He ate good, slept good and played good. She even noted on his sheet that he is a very happy baby. I bet every mom wants to hear that.

I don't think I did as good as Sawyer, but I did better then I thought. I cried on the way to daycare, and then two more times when I was at work. My first day was really relaxed and I didn't have much to do considering I didn't have autoCAD or any access to files.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it all started pretty rough. We were an hour late at getting going, but I was only 15 min late. Let's hope next week goes well. Darrin and I agreed that I would give it a go for 3 months and evaluate then.


No comments: